This is just a quick update after my doctor’s appointment today!
1. Looks like I am suffering from Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction. My pelvis is starting to separate a little, which is normal especially considering the double trouble in my uterus, which is why I am in pain. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done to stop this from happening – I will just have to deal with it like a big girl. Dr. B informed me that some people do get a belt to try and keep the pelvis “tight”, but this isn’t likely to actually help anything. Tylenol and take it easy are my doctor’s orders.
2. Sleep sucks and this is just another thing I have to deal with. I cannot take Benedryl to induce sleep, much to my dismay.
3. I’ve been cleared for travel! So instead of dealing with my asshole in-laws for Easter, Cody and I are going to do something a little different and go to Ottawa to see my BFF and spend Easter with her. I am to just try and take breaks during the car ride to alleviate any discomfort. Thankfully, Ottawa is only about a 4 hours drive from my front door.
4. INSURANCE COVERS THE COST OF MY BREAST PUMP! $450 Medela pump it is!
5. My Rhogam shot will be administered at 27weeks rather than 28, only so that there isn’t a 3 week lull between my appointments. Yay for needles in the ass 😦
6. My babies are perfect. They are measuring on time with Apple weighing 1 pound 2 ounces and Banana at 1 pound 3 ounces! It took some coaxing, but a few hip sways and a pep talk were able to bring Banana out of hiding and we were able to complete her anatomy scan! Her profile is gorgeous and her heart is perfect. I don’t think I’ve ever loved two little beings so much in my entire life. Both little ones move quite a lot now and the ultrasound tech even got surprised by one of the big kicks Banana delivered during her exam.
Be happy, be healthy.