4:45AM – “wake up” and drive to the clinic (after being repeatedly woken up all night by Toby and Cody. One whining, the other snoring).
6:15AM – arrive at the clinic. Scarf down a Sausage McMuffin and large Coke Zero (I’m still allowed some caffeine. Don’t be a Judgmental Jenny)
6:25AM – get violated by a transvaginal ultrasound machine
6:35AM – needle time, which went like this:
- Ella: I’m helping Manuela today. She has a cut.
- Beanie: Oh, Ok.
- Ella: Do you have good veins?
- Beanie: (with a look of sheer horror) Um. I think so? I hope so.
- Ella: I see it. Let me try. (grabs needle and other torture devices and with VERY shaky hands, stabs me)
- Beanie: (looking away, I cringe and try not to scream “I FEEL IT IN MY ELBOW!” Note: I did not really feel it in my elbow. I’m slightly dramatic)
- Ella: Of course I didn’t get it. (moves the needle around trying to get it? I don’t know)
- Beanie: Oh? So…?
- Ella: Let me go and get Manuela. Did it hurt? (with a look of embarrassment and slightly scared)
- Beanie: Oh, no it wasn’t that bad. (I cannot purposely make people feel bad)
- Ella: …Really? Well, don’t look. (while putting a band-aid on the wound and applying pressure)
6:40AM – second attempt at blood work. Success!
6:45AM – meeting with Dr. R. Turns out there are 7 follicles now, still kinda small. 5 of them are on the left side. Two more days of Bravelle and return on Thursday. Looking like IUI over the weekend. Happy Victoria Day Long Weekend to me. Also, apparently I’m responding “normally” to this evil drug (I was told this after I made a biting remark about not progressing very well over the last 4 days).
8:30AM – finally home. Nap time!
9:40AM – Toby, once again, would like his “mama” to give him all the attention in the world. No more sleep.
11:00AM – Work 😦 (Plus side: I talked to my boss about having IUI’s done. She was so understanding and told me to tell her when I am having them because she wants to make sure she’s accommodating my schedule. I don’t know why my co-workers bitch about her so much. She’s always nice to me! Don’t I sound like a pet?)
The rest of the night is to be determined. I imagine it involving food of some sort and bed early! And I know you’re dying to know…. my veins are alright.