Liebster nomination?! Aww shucks.
Seriously though – I was so crabby earlier and when Jo over at Life, Love, and my version of Motherhood nominated me, it was an instant mood changer. So you know what that means? I need to be nominated for awards more often.
The Liebster Award is awarded to a blogger by other bloggers. It means a lot to know that there was even one reader who thought of me when receiving their own nomination. I really have been so blessed to be able to interact and “meet” some of you. You’re all amazing – and great writers.
Here are the rules:
1. Link back to the blogger who gave you the award.
2. Answer the questions designated by the blogger who nominated you.
3. List 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 3-5 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
5. Make up a set of questions for the nominated bloggers to answer.
Alright! So here are the questions I am supposed to answer:
1. Why did you start to blog?
- Well, I initially started my blog “Dumping My Diabetes”. It was a way to try and motivated myself to lose weight and beat my diabetes. However in January 2013, I learned that I was about to embark on a very long, rough journey into the world of infertility and trying to make a mini-me. Anyway, it turned out that writing was more helpful then I thought it would ever be, so I continued.
2. What country are you from?
- OH, CANADA! (Please go to youtube, search “Oh, Canada” by Classified. Pretty much all you need to know about this amazing country I call home.)
3. What is your favorite travel destination?
- Home. I come from a very small, very isolated town in Northern Ontario. My dad and step-momma still live there, so any chance I can get to go up and see them, it’s a good time. Also, I’ve travelled to Iceland this year and I would totally go back. That being said, I don’t have many places to compare to…
4. What is your favorite quote or song?
- My favorite songs change all the time. My wedding song was “Feeling Good” by Micheal Buble.
5. Cheddar or Colby Jack? Yes it matters! Hahaha
- I’ve never had Colby… but I like the name! I love old cheddar, though.
7. What is the most spontaneous thing you have ever done?
- My mispelled “Best Freind” tattoo. Oh boy………
8. Favorite Movie?
- Footloose!!!!!! The original, not the shitty remake.
9. Most prized possession?
- I have a bin full of things I absolutely cannot part with. Some of those things include: my first Barbie doll that my aunt bought me (she passed away this year, so this is particularly dear to me now); my journals; a shadow box containing photos and a paw print of my first cat, MOO; my Bumble’s first (and only) ultrasound photo.
10. Who do you admire most?
- First, my Daddy. Long story short, my crazy ass mother effectively kidnapped my brother and I when I was about 3. She decided that she didn’t want us, but really didn’t want my dad to have custody, so she put us in foster care. My dad then worked hard to gain custody of us. It wasn’t easy, but he didn’t give up. He’s an amazing person.
- Second, my husband. He is funny, smart, handsome, dedicated. He is one of the best people I know.
11. What was the last movie you saw?
- In theatres: 300: Rise of the Empire (don’t waste your time). At home: Grown Ups 2 (didn’t finish it, so it doesn’t count. Again, don’t waste your time). Last movie that we finished at home: We’re the Millers
11 random facts about moi:
1. I once got a round brush stuck in my hair. I have really curly hair and didn’t know how to use a round brush on it – I ended up with half of the hairs going over the brush and half going under… and managed to roll it all the way to my scalp. My dad and step-momma then took a few hours working the brush out of my hair because I was screaming bloody murder every time they said they needed to cut it. Once it was out, I didn’t touch a round brush until I was working in a hair salon.
2. I have an addiction to diet pepsi. However, since I’m trying to have a baby, I instead drink caffeine free diet pepsi…. it’s NOT the same.
3. My favorite book is “Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood” by Rebecca Wells.
4. I am a woman who loves to have painted nails. I do them myself and own over 100 bottles of nail polish. Most of them are different shades of pink.
5. When I was (briefly) pregnant, I could not stand the smell of baking bread. Subway (the restaurant), specifically.
6. I have a goal to swim in all of the Great Lakes. I only have Lake Michigan and Lake Superior to go! I’d make the same goal, but apply it to oceans… but at least one of them is completely unreachable to me (Here’s looking at you, Indian Ocean).
7. I sleep an average 9 hours (sometimes more) a night.
8. I hate working. I know, I know – who doesn’t? I hate it because my ultimate purpose to life is to raise babies and stay home with them until they’re in school. Waiting for this to happen frustrates me! And no – I do not believe ALL women should stay home – I want to stay home. There is a difference between wanting to do something and being forced to do something.
9. I wanted to break up with Cody after the first few dates. My friend Sadie told me I was stupid if I did because he was a good guy and I was being a bitch (pretty close to the actual wording haha). Over time, he grew on me and I decided to see where it would go… and here we are!
10. I hate drinking milk. However, after eating ice cream, I always want to have a glass of milk.
11. I have 3 tattoos (upper back: pink water lily; left foot: “Best Freind” tattoo; right foot: butterflies with awareness ribbons for bodies… one is purple for Epilepsy and the other is grey for diabetes) and 5 piercings (2 in each ear, one in my nose). I’d definitely get more tattoos, but never another piercing. Piercings hurt waaaaay more than a tattoo.
My nominations are:
1. Have you ever eaten poutine? If not, do you know what it is?
2. Speaking of food, what is the most random/weird thing you’ve ever tried?
3. How did you pick your blog name?
4. Why did you start blogging?
5. What is your guilty pleasure?
6. What is your most prized possession?
7. What one thing annoys you the most in your partner/best friend/family member (pick one, I guess.)?
8. Do you prefer a side soup, or a side salad?
9. What is your favorite book or, if easier, who is your favorite author?
10. Describe your perfect vacation.
Thanks again for the nomination, Jo. You’re an inspiration and I’m so happy to have gotten to know you through your amazing blog.